It's a Saturday morning, you don't want to go out, but stay in your comfy pajamas and enjoy your cup of coffee. Well, that coffee is so much better with a delicious breakfast sandwich. When you want a breakfast sandwich, there's no other choice but sausage, cheese, egg, and in our home, buttermilk biscuits. And to sweeten the deal, all drizzled with real, maple syrup. The biscuits were made with Bisquick. The eggs were baked in muffin tins so they stayed together on the outside, but we're slightly soft, but not runny in the middle. Add some pork patty sausages, shredded cheese, and you've got a great, cheap breakfast. To top it off, I squeezed some fresh orange juice. So really, there's nothing original, or complicated about this one, but I wanted to share it anyways.
- 2 ¼ cup of Bisquick
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 pre cooked round sausage patties, pork or turkey
- Mix the 2¼ cups of Bisquick and the ¾ cup milk until combined.
- Knead on cutting board sprinkled with Bisquick.
- Roll out dough to ¾ inch thick
- Cut out biscuits (I use a cup, I've never owned a biscuit cutter)
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Crack 2 eggs in each muffin tin
- Cook at 350° for 8-10 minutes depending on desired doneness
I use pre cooked sausage so all I have to do it heat them in a skillet for 5-7 minutes (you can also microwave)
- Cut biscuit in half
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, melt in oven
- Place sausage on top of biscuit
- Remove egg from muffin tin, place on top of sausage
- Heat a small amount of maple syrup (use the good stuff) and drizzle on top of egg
- Place other side of biscuit on top and enjoy!
Used in This Dish
Endless entertaining options. This three-quart round baker brings more than convenience to the table--decorated with the lush patterns and festive colors of the ever-popular Old World design, it adds heaping helpings of style at the same time. Especially when matched with four cute mini bakers and a dipping dish for a bold, beautiful display.Put a lid on it--or under it! A Lid-it design allows you to use the baker's lid as a tray or trivet, preventing heat damage to your table while providing plenty of stylish serving options. This versatile set lets you use all the pieces together, use the Lid-it! lid or baker individually, fill the baker with ice and serve cold hors d'oeuvres on the lid, and so much more. Whatever your entertaining plans--and imagination--require!Cut down on your cleaning time. This ceramic bakeware can go straight from the oven to the table, and into the dishwasher when the meal is done, saving you the added mess of switching dishes again and again.In the mood for leftovers? Just snap on the included plastic storage covers and pop it in the freezer, then heat it up in the microwave at your leisure.Too cool to keep inside! This set is perfect for summer entertaining at parties, potlucks, and picnics. Temp-Tations ceramic keeps dishes warm, but it's also great for keeping cold foods cold. This collection is ideal for snacks and sauces, fruit, salads, and more.